PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
For your assurance we regularly review our information and erase or anonymise personal data when we no longer need it and we have appropriate processes in place to comply with individuals’ requests for erasure under the ‘right to be forgotten’.
What information we collect
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information necessary to provide you with up to date information:
Your name, address, contact telephone numbers & email addresses necessary to complete an order or fulfil a reservation you make with us.
S.M.I.L.E. aka St Martin’s Self Catering uses wix.com for the hosting and building of our website.
Your data in Wix
Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to promote and sell our services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
How we use your personal information
We only use your personal information to fulfil the services we offer through our business. We will use your personal information to:
• administer the website.
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
• enable your use of the services available on the website.
• send you email notifications regarding the services you use on this website.
• send you newsletter and marketing communications relating to our business
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
• keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
• verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
Your Payment data
As payments are received by BACS no data is stored by us personally and not used by us.
We may need to disclose your personal information among our team or other companies we work with but only those who will be providing you with the services you require. We will not disclose your information to any third parties.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
To the extent that we are required to do so by law for example ‘Track & Trace’.
Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We do not have our own IT servers as we host our website on wix.com and therefore a third party will not have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and although our website holds the relevant SSL certificate for additional security, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Some cookies are used for advertising, so you are shown adverts that are more personalised to you, based on your previous internet behaviour.
There are two different types of cookie that can be placed in your browser by a website:
Session cookies are only used for the period you use the website and are deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future.
Persistent cookies remain in your browser once you have left the site and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the site the information in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous visit. For example, to display certain things on the homepage. Persistent cookies will expire if the website that set them is not visited again within a certain timescale.
An example of a cookie includes:
· storing information to personalise the website to your chosen requirements
· a website that sells things may use a cookie to record items you have in a shopping basket
· cookies can be used to record user’s behaviour on a website, for example to record the pages they have viewed
Cookies we use
We use several different cookies on our website and the sub domains and third-party systems we run.
· We use a google analytics cookie on our website and all our online systems to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, and we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any of our websites. We do not share this information with anyone.
You can opt out of the Google Analytics by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Managing cookies on your computer
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk.
The law that controls how cookies are used on websites has changed. There is more information about cookies on www.ico.org.uk.
Third Party Links
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, have it corrected, amended, or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
St Martin's Self Catering
Dawn and Keith Bradford
Apple Tree Cottage
Isles of Scilly
Updated: Wednesday 7th April 2021